These homes featured on HGTV's 'Tiny House, Big Living' are small on square footage but big on function. Take a tour, then decide: Would you spring for a home sweet tiny home....read more
Updating your bathroom with darker colors, modern lighting and sleek drawer handles will make it look like you had it completely redone, but without the high cost.
A kitchen remodel is an exciting event to plan. There are so many options to consider that it can be overwhelming. Here are five ways to create the perfect kitchen for your home and family.
1. Think about efficiency. Make sure the triangle area between the sink, counter and stove is not too big or obstructed. Determine how much space you need by considering how many people you want in the kitchen and if only food prep or also dining will occur there.
2. Prioritize storage. Go through your kitchen items to see how much storage space you need and what sizes of cupboards, drawers and shelves. An organized kitchen looks better and is easier to use.
3. Work around light. Make the most use of any natural lighting from windows. Install artificial lighting that is bright and well placed for the most visibility.
4. Go for a bold look. Consider colored cabinetry, backsplash or appliances. Use contrasting materials for balance in texture and color.
5. Avoid trends. Fads come and go and will date your kitchen in the long run. What matters is that it delivers in function, utilizes space efficiently and complements your home’s design.
If you follow these rules, you will create the perfect kitchen for your lifestyle and personal style. Visit this website to find a contractor to do your kitchen remodel in Wilmington.
Rick advises people on apartments, homes and trends related to Real Estate.